Sunday, February 12, 2012

Oh my, not the books!

The library I obtained as a homeschooler is massive. Every room has books in it. In an effort to down-size and get better organized, I'm purging our book collection.

For a few hours yesterday, Camille, Caitlyn and I made some hard decisions. Which books to keep, which books to donate, which to sell.

Some of the books were heartbreaking, a realization of a different path not taken fully. What will I do with Socratic Logic? A few books were choices I had made for Camille's middle school science years. I'm keeping them. Goodbye old intentions, I need shelf space for scout books, yarn, and art supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.

Emerson

Anonymous comments will not be posted. Own what you say.