Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I need a book to read.

Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and IndonesiaI've been reading too much non-fiction lately. I want a juicy, can't put down book or author to read. I've liked Debbie Macomber and read most of her books, I haven't read the Cedar Cove series yet. I love reading summer novels or books where the lead character has a life change that she goes through. I might try Eat, Pray, Love next.

I went through a phase of Lisa Scottoline but I've never read Alice Sebold although I've been told her books are fabulous. I flipped through The Lovely Bones but couldn't get caught up into it.

I could read Eat Pray Love in about a day so I need more title suggestions! I might just follow the book club suggestions from the local library. I miss going to the book club or discussing books. Back in 2008 I led The Great Books Reading Partnership through a blog online and that was great but time-consuming to lead such a group. It would be fun to start a book club through a blog again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.

Emerson

Anonymous comments will not be posted. Own what you say.